Wigs for Kids, Hair Donations
Crystal’s Spa and Salon has assisted in restyling and Donating a number of ponytails for people of all ages and Gender who have chosen to make donations of their hair to children who have lost their own hair to disease through the organization Wigs For Kids.
Wigs for Kids is a cooperative effort among Certified Cosmetic Therapists throughout North America who share a common goal. “Children shouldn’t have to worry about how they look, especially when they’re in the middle of a health crisis,” says Jeffrey Paul. “We want to give these kids the opportunity to feel good about themselves again.”
The value of the Hair Replacement Systems Wigs for Kids provides is approximately $1,800. “These are custom-made Hair Replacements,” says Jeffrey Paul. “Each prosthesis is hand-tied and is made completely from human hair. We make sure they look just like a child’s own hair.
Wigs for Kids depends on monetary and hair donations from generous individuals. The process of creating wigs made from real hair is costly and time-consuming. Wigs for Kids never charges the families that are receiving these custom Hair Replacement Systems.
Check out the pictures of the generous women and their transformations. They get a whole new look while giving other women opportunities for a whole new look as well!
Crystals Gives Back
Crystal’s Spa & Salon is proud to support the following organizations. Our community involvement reflects our dedication to the community and the amazing service resources and programs that our area has to offer.
We are proud to participate in the following organizations:
- iSpa – the International SPA Association has been recognized worldwide as the professional organization and voice of the spa industry, representing health and wellness facilities and providers in more than 70 countries. See more at Experienceispa.Com
- ITSPA – Global Spa and Wellness Travel, a new trade show designed exclusively for the growing spa and wellness industry
- Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce – With over 700 active members, the Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to making our county a great place to live and work.
- NYSPA – New York Spa Alliance. Learn more at Www.Ny-Spa.Net
- Wigs for Kids- Find more details at Www.Wigsforkids.Org
- Ithaca Advocacy Center – Learn more at Www.Theadvocacycenter.Org
- Foodnet Meals On Wheels – Learn more at Www.Foodnet.Org
- Special Olympics
- Cops, Kid’s, and Toys
Supporting Local Businesses
Links to some of Crystal’s favorite local businesses…
Danielle Cook Gerritsen
Photographer, Lansing, New York